Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cats












Cat is one of the pets I like. It is so cute and furry, soft to the touch. I have always had
cats at my house since I was a kid. My late dad loved cats too, and so were my late mom, brother and sisters.

The last time I had a pet cat was in 1994. I named the cat Ez (Easy) in the hope that I could easily managed the cat. Sure enough it was easy to manage and care for him since he was a kitten. His grey fur was fluffy when we gave branded catfood along with ordinary food. People thought he was a Siamese cat because of its grey fur. Ez was a playful and doting cat but was quite fierce with unknown people.

When we went back to my hubby's hometown, we'd bring him along in our car. He died when he was 4 yrs old or 15 yr-old cat years due to an illness. My kids loved Ez very much. My previous cats names when I was a kid were Tompok, Asap, Maradona,Tiger and Chimpanzee. They were all domestic Malaysian cats. Some I forgot their names. But Tompok was the cat that saved my life, with Allah's grace, from the bite of a big centipede that was approaching me when I was a baby. My late mom told me about it.

It is said that those who love cats have kind and soft hearts. They usually would care for other animals and human beings more, and can empathized their pain well, too. Our Prophet saw. asked us to be kind to animals because they are also God's creations. One of the sahabahs who loved cats so much was Abu Hurairah ra. or Father of cats! May Allah bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment